We recently put our latest & greatest ‘Fields’ line through the wringer… and through their paces (pun totally intended). In short, the Fields line lived up to their all-adventure reputation during a Central American travel-test to the Republic of Nicaragua, aka ‘The Land of Lakes & Volcanoes.’
A staggeringly beautiful & majestic country, perhaps best known to most Americans from the Iran-contra scandal, Nicaragua is slowly emerging as an idyllic vacation spot—often being called, "The Next Costa Rica." With scores of lakes & lagoons, plus a chain of 50 volcanoes (7 currently active) that runs along the country's Pacific side, Nicaragua is a land of extraordinary natural beauty, bio- & geo-diversity… all while making for a fertile flip-flop stress-testing terrain for exploration.
From the colonial (and capital city) of Granada, to the heart of handicrafts in the Masaya markets, to Ometepe Island—formed by two volcanoes rising from Lake Nicaragua, to Ojo de Agua—a natural spring-fed pool, to Laguna de Apoyo—a swimmable fresh water volcanic crater lake, to the pristine beaches of San Juan del Sur and its waves that beckon surfers the world over, we put these bad boys to the test. Needless to say, they passed—with flying color(s) & comfort.
- Made with buttery-smooth nubuck leather insoles
- Thinner, lightweight & low-profile midsole for added flex & featherweight
- Softer midsole EVA for all-out & all-day fleet-of-foot comfort
- Rolled leather straps means no edges for extra comfort at pivot points
- Seamless Memory Foam Toe Post™ grips toes & reduces foot abrasion
- Firm arch improves foot support for all day wear
- Non-marking, boat safe outsole made from 100% carbon-free rubber